Pages

Monday, January 19, 2009

Dinner at Paddington

Yesterday we went out for some serious shopping. To be exact we were out scouting for electrical appliances for our new home sweet home. After hours of walking around the mall, we only ended up buying one DVD player, one over-sized turtle neck top for ME and some books. The book is a friend's recommendation - I'll blog about it when I'm done reading. Then we headed to Paddington House of Pancakes for dinner. Which of course was the highlight of our day - pancakes. The staffs were friendly and kind enough to let us take pictures of their menu cover and food. Some places just don't allow customers to take pictures of their food - so I'm guessing that food critics will just have to eat blind folded when entering such restaurants! Anyway, since the people at PHOP was uber cool and friendly, I'll let the picture do the talking first.

Paddington House of Pancake - LogoPaddington House of Pancake - FlagPaddington House Of Pancake - Meal Number 006 Paddington House of Pancake - Meal Number 406Paddington House of Pancake - Meal Number 703
The presentation of the food was superb. At first glance we thought the portion might be a little too small for us. But once we start to dig in, we realized that looks is deceiving. I don't remember the names of the food and all of them have different taste which makes every dish special. In short, the first dish was sourish, the second was salty and the third was extreme sweet. By the time we finish eating, our tongue was numb with flavors. Among the 3 dishes we ordered, the middle picture was the one we loved most. Hash browns, pancakes, beef salami, sausages with cheese filling in brown sauce. The first picture is more for breakfast - which among all 3 is the smallest portion. The pancake taste different as the pancake was mixed with mash potatoes and served with banana and sour cream. The third dish is actually desert. Mini pancakes the size of 50 cents coins served with a variety of fruits, nuts and maple syrup.

Dennis and IIt took me 6 months to drop back to my ideal weight (BMI at 20) but only days to put it on. Sigh... I think if I'm really serious about loosing fats and stay slim I've got to fix my discipline problems first - be able to refrain from food!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, seeing all these delicious food makes my mouth water :). I think nice and friendly service like at Paddington is a must or it could spoil the appetite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha... The pictures are actually taken by my hubby on a regular digital camera. The results are superb without any usage of photo editing softwares.
    I have to agree with you that nice and friendly service does set the mood for a fun dining experience (^^,)

    ReplyDelete

A little encouragement,
A small thought,
A simple sentence
To light up my day - Terima Kasih

ALL COMMENTS WILL BE MODERATED