Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Sunday Home Cooked Lunch


This post has been sitting in my draft folder way to long - it was one Sunday way back in March when we decided to have a home cooked lunch. My hubby didn't know what to cook so I suggested that we go to the nearby supermarket to have a look. Only then shall we decide on what to cook. So when we were at the supermarket, we decided to have potato salad, stir fry vegetables and butter-grill chicken marinate.
When I used to help my parents buy groceries, but I rarely look into the price of each individual goods. When former Thai Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej visited our local wet Market way back in April 2008 neither did I realize the significance of his visit. But now when I'm buying groceries for the both of us did I realize that it's the prices of essential items in the market that shows the exact economic situation of that country. The items that we bought were carrot, cucumber, capsicum, potatoes and two pieces of chicken legs - all totaling less then MYR10. When I was looking at the food, I realized that the price (per kilo) of chicken legs and capsicum is actually the SAME! 
Anyway, I wished we had taken more pictures because when I de-boned the chicken leg, my hubby gave me the strangest look I've ever seen --> O.o When I asked him why he gave me such a look, he said he didn't know I knew how to de-bone a chicken! Oh well, I know I'm rarely seen in the kitchen so it's easy for him to assume that I can't cook! (^^,)

1 comment:

  1. It is always a lot of fun to cook together in the kitchen :). This looks delicious! Have a great week, Waileng :)

    ReplyDelete

A little encouragement,
A small thought,
A simple sentence
To light up my day - Terima Kasih

ALL COMMENTS WILL BE MODERATED