Pages

Friday, August 21, 2009

Stitching up Happiness

Cross Stitch Double Happiness
As mentioned in my previous post, I've been relatively busy these days thinking and at the same time preparing props for my second photo shoot in October. One particular prop I'm stitching is the classic Chinese calligraphy word for "double happiness" which is commonly used at Chinese Weddings. It's ligature "囍" (double happiness, or in Chinese it's read as shuangxi,"双喜") is actually putting two "喜" (joy, or happy, or xi) together. In crafting and arts, it's often modified in various creative ways.
Commonly in the Chinese community, the 囍 motives are often cut out from red colored paper and pasted on EVERY doors of the homes of the newly weds. And very often it becomes the focus of photographers covering the blissful event. So instead of just using paper I've searched the web for something a little more innovative - cross stitch. The image below is the cross stitch chart on Aida 14 Count while the image above is how it should look like when finish.
Double Happiness Cross Stitch - 囍Right now, I've only completed the left half or the"guy" part. And hopefully by sometime next month I can finish the right side or "girl" part and have the completed craft posted here. I don't quite know how many skeins I need for the entire image but that too will be updated when I've completed the task.

Enjoy~!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that's such a lovely cross-stitch! Very creative idea, I must say. Can't wait to see the finished handicraft. Miss you. Love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Rosidah~!
    You finally have the opportunity to go Online! I missed you too~! Anyway, I'm trying my best to finish this cross stitch as soon as possible because I have two more projects to complete before the shoot in October.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on the projects! I hope you can finish them on time :)

    ReplyDelete

A little encouragement,
A small thought,
A simple sentence
To light up my day - Terima Kasih

ALL COMMENTS WILL BE MODERATED