Pages

Thursday, October 29, 2009

2nd cup of coffee: Random Dozen #9


I copied this from my dear friend Rosidah who copied from her friend Linda.

1. Tell me something about your favorite teacher.
My favorite teacher was the discipline teacher who later became the school principal. She loves to wear school uniforms instead of standard teacher's dress code. That way when students see her from behind, they will think she's just another regular student. Only to get "shocked" when she turns around - I mean students aren't allowed to wear makeup but this particular "student" IS wearing makeup! Though I was already in 6th form (18 years old then) she still treats my classmates and I like little children. Rewarding us with Vitagen if we do well in exams! It's funny how it motivates us even though we know we were deemed "too old" for all this. And she is so powerful with words she made the school's most notorious student cry by just talking to him. I really have to respect her for that!

2. Tell me about one pivotal moment in your life.
So far I think it's getting married to my hubby. I only learned to appreciate my parents when I'm "out of the house". Probably staying in the "nest" for too long made me took things for granted. And now that I'm on my own, I really learnt to appreciate my old folks. I guess if they knew (which I think they already did) they would probably say "I told you so" with a smile! (^_^)

3. About favorite colors--a lot of people will ask you what it is, but I want to know why it is. What feeling or memory does it evoke?
Blue. It reminds me of water because I love swimming - it's relaxing.

4. What's a sure sign that you're getting older?
My wrist - it hurts when it's raining.

5. Please don't sermonize, but Halloween--is it a yes or no for you?
No. I don't like scary stuffs. I have a very small heart with no guts!

6. What's your favorite musical?
SOUND OF MUSIC~! My all time favorite.
The hills are alive with the sound of music...
How do you solve a problem like Maria? How do you catch a cloud and pin it down....

7. Are you more of a city mouse or country mouse?
I'm a city mouse living in the country. Yet I freak out when I see another mouse or other creations of mother nature.

8. Did you know that it is possible, for a small fee, to name a real star after someone? (It's true! Google it!) If someone were to name a star for you, would you appreciate it for its whimsy and romance, or would you say, "Are you kidding me? For $19.95 we could have gone to the movie and actually bought popcorn."
No thanks. I rather have people remembering me at their own free will then "forcefully" remember me through some history's text books or star map.

9. What's the craziest thing you've ever been doing and texted during it? I only thought of this b/c I was about to try to text during my walking video but I didn't.
Getting my hair cut I guess. I always have long hair (down to my waist) and when I had it cut a few years back, I requested for a short bob. I didn't regret the hair cut cos it grew back quickly within a few months. But it sure shocked my friends who were on the receiving end of my sms!

10. "It's not a party unless _______."
my hubby is with me.

11. When you're stuck in traffic or a waiting room, what do you do to pass the time? PS: There are no magazines available.
Play sudoku from my cellphone! And since my hubby got me a pocket size sudoku book, I don't have to worry if the cellphone battery runs out! Just that I need to remember to keep a pen or pencil with me.

12. If you weren't yourself, would you be friends with you?
If I'm someone else, I meet someone like the now-me? Yup!

4 comments:

  1. I love this meme, because we can find out more about someone's personality. I think we have a lot in common, Waileng :). Great answers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you. That why when you posted it, I told myself "I should answer these questions". And I enjoyed reading your answers too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad both you and Rosidah answered these questions. You have some unique answers, such as the one about your teacher.

    #5: You are not alone, me too!

    Have a great weekend, and I hope you can play again next week.

    2nd Cup Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Linda!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog. (^_^)

    ReplyDelete

A little encouragement,
A small thought,
A simple sentence
To light up my day - Terima Kasih

ALL COMMENTS WILL BE MODERATED