Props are objects you use (either holding, wearing or just placed at the background) to enhance the beauty of an image. If you think Victorian gowns, the common props are lace umbrella, hand fan and probably pistol for the man - you get the idea right? In my post - Adding a Personal Touch, I mentioned how props are important in making the entire album special. So here's the bottom line, bring your own props so others will not have what you have to make it special. If you depend the bridal company to prepare everything, then be prepared to be disappointed.
Here's a list of common items as a general idea -
- Pets (dog, cat, hamsters, iguana, lizard, snakes)
- Computer or Laptops (if the both of you are IT geeks)
- Kid's Chalkboard (if one of you might want to play the role of teacher / student)
- Sport shoes worn under the wedding gown (runaway bride?)
- Or pointe shoes (if you are/was a ballerina)
- Soap bubbles (do ask if you are allowed to blow bubbles in the studio)
- A deck of cards (if both of you enjoy playing poker -you might want to include a poker face)
- Zodiac - it can be in a form of stuff animals or key chains or just a symbol drawn in the sand.
- Collections - bring out your collection of soft toys and fill the entire studio!
Image courtesy of Kuang Yee Digital Photo and Bridal Studio