Pages

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Vandalism - an expression to seek attention?



A few Sundays back, I accompanied dear hubby for a stroll in the forest reserve in Bukit Panchor (Panchor Hill) which sits at the boarder between Penang, Perak and Kedah state. My hubby focused his attention on the beauty of the park while trying to avoid the scribbles and carvings on the tree, gazebos and even rubbish bins! I on the other hand couldn't resist NOT reading them.

I don't know if this is only happening to certain countries or is it a global problem. Some treat graffiti as art while others may call it an eyesore. But the problem I see isn't about those who can paint well with spray cans - it's those who write vulgar messages and mobile numbers of individuals who can provide "companionship" or in need of one.

It only shows the mentality of the people who come here - desperate for attention. I have not witness any vandalism in progress but what's left on the gazebo pillars or the tree bark tells of individual who are deprived of love and attention from home, sounds like courting danger. Situations like this often put me at thoughts of how am I going to bring a child into this world when the surroundings look so "dangerous"? How do I love him or her enough to prevent my child ending up as a desperate individual looking for "happiness" outside the house? And what more the dangers of sexual predators who looks like your average Joe but the heart of a demons? Or maybe I'm just having a PMS moment, please excuse me (^_^)

2 comments:

  1. No, I don't think that this is a PMS moment :). These are thoughts that come to my mind too, whenever seeing or hearing about similar issues. I guess, we'll try as best as we can. I believe you'll gonna be a wonderful Mom, my dear. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, I appreciate them very much.

    Have a great week my dear friend. (^_^)

    ReplyDelete

A little encouragement,
A small thought,
A simple sentence
To light up my day - Terima Kasih

ALL COMMENTS WILL BE MODERATED