Pages

Monday, May 24, 2010

Dress crisis!


Just collected my dress this evening from the bridal studio. Above is what I'll be wearing for the luncheon this weekend. Actually I'm really lucky to have those good ladies at the bridal to let me rent the dress for a week. I mean some friends told me they can only get the dress a day or two before the actual event. And I'm already at a crisis.

It's now midnight and I just found a problem with the dress. The zipper pops open when stressed. This is one big disadvantage when trying the dress with an empty stomach. I for one, didn't know the zipper was THAT weak. When I tried the dress at the studio some 5 hours ago, it was alright. There was even some loose space for my tummy to expand. Mind you I've been on a strict diet since last December and most of the dinner meals only leave me 70-80% filled just to avoid having food tummy after meals. So imagine my horror when I tried on the dress right after dinner only to hear "PIAK"

Somehow I didn't get furious or enraged.  I just turned it all into a great humor with dear hubby when each time I exhale there will be an echo of "PIAK(s)" and the zip opens up bigger! Dear hubby doesn't get angry so easily. In fact he found it rather amusing (^_^) Oh well, they are closed tomorrow so that leaves me with Wednesday to get the dress all fixed...

5 comments:

  1. Keep a happy mood pretty bride! everything will be alright!!
    and that dress is simple yet elegant!! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulation ! Ah not to worry, everything will be okay !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hayley: Thank you! There's no point getting angry especially knowing this dress is not a new arrival (^_^)

    Jessying: Thank you! (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you to look at this with humor. Even better that you had the privilege to get the dress early, so there is still time to make the proper adjustments. I hope you'll have a splendid time, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your kind wishes my dear friend.

    I've heard of many brides getting ticked off especially when nearing their big day. So I try my best not to let it get to me. (^_^)

    ReplyDelete

A little encouragement,
A small thought,
A simple sentence
To light up my day - Terima Kasih

ALL COMMENTS WILL BE MODERATED