Pages

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Product Review: Bioré AQUA Rich Watery BB SPF50+/PA+++

I got this small tube of sample in my mail last week and my first response was (my apologies to those working in Bioré) –I don’t read Japanese. The product brochure came in bi-lingual of English and Chinese. But the direction of usage and ingredients written on the sample tube itself is in Japanese. Thou if I may add, I find their website more informative than what is on the brochure.
Bioré AQUA Rich Watery BB SPF50+/PA+++
Blemish Balm cream or BB cream for short is an all in one product – tinted moisturizer, make-up base (foundation/primer) and sunblock. Basically with a BB Cream is really handy for those who do not like putting too many creams/balms/lotion on their face on a daily basis. Most BB Cream in the market is oil based making the product sticky or greasy to the user. And it is a hassle to remove oil based products from the face particularly if you, like me have oily skin.
Bioré AQUA Rich Watery BB SPF50+/PA+++ - Ingredients (in Japanese)
The name of the product Bioré AQUA Rich Watery BB SPF50+/PA+++says it all; water based cream tinted moisturizer with sunblock. This light beige colored cream blends well onto the skin – just like a water base product would. And if you are worried about smell, fret not as this drug store brand product has something tangy up its sleeves – citrus smell. Personally I think it smells more like pomelo/pummelo (Citrus maxima) than orange/lemon type of citrus. Nonetheless, I like the smell –at least it is better than chemical smells!
Bioré - Hand swatch
Personally, I do like it very much particularly it is water base. After wearing it the whole day I don’t look like I’ve just dunk my face in a bowl of oil! I have oily T-zone hence it will be oily in this particular region however; I did not find the need to blot my face very often as the amount of secretion is rather minimal. Removing the Bioré AQUA Rich Water Based BB Cream is an ease. Since I have been habitually practicing double cleansing (first round with milk cleanser and second round with gel) I do not have any problems removing this BB Cream. I do not use foam cleaners as it makes my face rather dry. I would definitely recommend this to those with oily skin to give this product a try since I am liking it very much!
Bioré - Results
Now according to Bioré official website, this BB Cream retails at RM32.90 for 33 a grams tube and is available at all major supermarkets, hypermarkets and pharmacies. If you are interested to try before you buy, click LIKE on Bioré Malaysia’s official Facebook page and click on their apps to apply for a free sample today (while stocks last). Once you’ve gotten your sample, do give Bioré a feedback on what you think of their Bioré AQUA Rich Watery BB SPF50+/PA+++.

UPDATE 23 MAY 2013

The very nice people at Biore has sent me the list of ingredients in English.
Ingredients : Water (Aqua), Zinc Oxide, Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Lauryl Methacrylate/Sodium Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Bis-Ethylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine, Glycerin, Polysorbate 60, Stearyl Alcohol, Sodium Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Isohexadecane, Methicone, Dimethicone, Polysorbate 80, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance (Parfum), Disodium EDTA, BHT, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77891

UPDATE 9 JUNE 2013

Bioré AQUA Rich Watery BB SPF50+/PA+++ is on sale in Guardian for MYR27.88. I am not sure how long this sales will go, so do hurry for those you have tried and love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A little encouragement,
A small thought,
A simple sentence
To light up my day - Terima Kasih

ALL COMMENTS WILL BE MODERATED