Pages

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Montagne Jeunesse - Mountain of Youth

I’ve been a huge fan of mud masque since I was a teenager. Back then my only source of beauty knowledge came from my mother’s mouth and product knowledge is from her dressing table. Even though she has dry skin and mine oily, she’ll go out the extra mile to get something suitable to control my then-volcano-raged face. So one day, mom came back with a big tub of mud masque from her regular supplier (she was in the beauty industry) and that was when I started to love my weekly sessions of home facials. Even during exam week, you will catch me with a mud masque on and the occasional mud stains on my textbooks.
Montagne Jeunesse free trail pack
Montagne Jeunesse Malaysia was posting out free trail pack via their Facebook page and I received mine last week. Of the huge variety of masques they hold, I got the Aloe Vera & Willow Blemish Mud Masque. But it puzzles me that in their ingredient list witch hazel sits near the top of the list (3rd) way ahead of willow (9th) and aloe vera (14th) itself; so shouldn’t this masque be called Witch Hazel Blemish Mud Masque instead? But what’s in a name? A rose by any other is still a rose, no? More importantly, I get a deeply cleansed face after each use is all that matters, right?
Montague Jeunesse: Blemish Mud in 5gm (0.18oz)
Now this mud masque is a little off white in color; nowhere near green like the model on the pack cover. For those of you who also received this 5gram (0.18oz) free trial pack, you will notice it is not enough to give your face a nice thick layer like what you see on the pack cover. However, I have a small trick up my sleeve to spread this thick paste evenly on my face. Just add a few drops of filtered water (or if you have facial toner you can use that too) to dilute the mud a little for easy spreading.
After using this trial pack, there were no pimple outbreaks over the next few days. So that’s a good sign for me, meaning I am not allergic to any of their ingredients (you can read them at the bottom of this post). I just love the immediate feeling after rinsing my face; soft and smooth. In the past, I have used a poor quality mud masque and the product agitated my T-zone it went into sebum overdrive. Thus, I ended up having a face like I have just washed it with oil. So when the inside of their information card said “a mini sachet – guaranteed to leave your skin wanting more”. I felt how true those words were; I would really love to have another (and possibly many more) session with this mud masque!
Yours Truly in a patchy mud mask
Montagne Jeunesse is sold in Watsons for MYR5.90 each. Anyone eager to try Montagne Jeunesse range of masques, you can buy them from Watsons and Georgetown pharmacy. Once you have tried their masque, go to Montagne Jeunesse Malaysia Facebook page and let them know how much you love their masque and you stand a chance to win a goodie bag filled with masques. You can also stalk Montagne Jeunesse Malaysia Facebook page for the latest promotion and free masque redemption offers.
Short fun facts about Montagne Jeunesse:
-
  • Established in 1985 by vegetarian Mr. Gregory Butcher in UK (this is why I used the word “masque” rather than the US version of “mask”)

  • Founding member of Cosmetics Industry Coalition for Animal Welfare (CICAW), so their products are NEVER tested on animals.

  • Montagne Jeunesse’s products are BUAV (Britsh Union for the Abolition of Vivisection; an animal protection and advocacy group that campaigns for the abolition of animal experiments), Choose Cruelty Free, PeTA and vegetarian approved.
 Like their masques? Tell them! Don't tell me!
Ingredients List: Aqua (Purified water), Kaolin (Natural clay), Hamamelis virginiana (Distilled Witch Hazel), Glycerin (Plant origin). Illite (Mediterranean clay), Bentonite (Natural clay), Magnesium aluminum silicate (Natural clay), Sea salt (Dead Sea salt), Salix nigra (Willow) bark extract, Glucose (sugar), Rosemarinus officinalis (Rosemary) leaf oil, Xantan gum (Natural thickener), allantoin, Aloe barbadensis (Aloe vera) leaf juice, Camellia sinensis (Green tea) leaf extract, Panax ginseng root extract, Oenothera biennis (Evening primrose) flower extract, Citric acid, Lactoperoxidase (Milk origin), Glucose oxidase (sugar origin), Liminene(naturally found in essential oils).
Montagne Jeunesse Malaysia Facebook page – click here.
Watson branches – click here.

Georgetown pharmacy branches – click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

A little encouragement,
A small thought,
A simple sentence
To light up my day - Terima Kasih

ALL COMMENTS WILL BE MODERATED